Personal Career Bests
8k— 25:07.80, 10/5/19 at NCAA Regional Championship
5k— 15:20.8, 8/31/18 at Mary Washington Opener
2019 | Senior
- First individual to qualify for the NCAA National Cross Country Meet in school history running a time of 25:26.6. (11/23/19)
- USTFCCCA All-Academic Team.
- Named the CAC Runner of the Year.
- Earned South/Southeast All-Region honors.
- CAC Athlete of the Week (10/7/2019)
- Won the first individual CAC Cross Country Championship in school history running a time of 26:36.67. (11/2/19)
- Broke the program 8k record at the Lousiville Cross Country Classic running a time of 25:07.0. (10/5/19)
- Finished 6th at the NCAA South Regional running a time of 25:16.7. (11/16/19)
- Earned Fall Provost’s and President's List Honors.
2018 | Junior
- Finished 4th at the CAC Cross Country Championships running a time of 26:54.0 in front of a home crowd. (10/27/18)
- Took first in the 8k at the Shenandoah Commonwealth Challenge in a time of 26:21.3. (9/22/18)
- Ran for the Knights at the NCAA South Regional finishing 16th in a time of 26:19.7 earning All-Region honors. (11/11/18)
2017 | Sophomore
- Took first place in the Hagan Stone Classic with a time of 26:55.95.
- Set a personal-best 8k at the NCAA South Regional Championships running a time of 25:30.2.
- Named to CAC All-Academic Team, fall semester President's List, and spring semester Provost's List.
- Named to CAC Weekly Honor Roll once.
2014 | Freshman
- Named second-team All-CAC following his 15th-place finish at the CAC Championship race where he set a personal-best 8K of 25:35.8. (11/1/14)
- Named the CAC Male Cross Country Athlete of the Week three times.
- Placed seventh overall at the CNU Open with an 8k time of 26:22.5. (10/18/14)
- Placed second at the Hornet Harrier Invitational with a 6K time of 19:42.2. (10/11/14)
- Landed a fourth-place finish at the Maryville College 8K with a time of 28:03.11. (10/4/14)
- Ran the John Tucker Invite (8K) in 28:27.2 to place third. (9/13/14)
- Won his first collegiate race at the Hampden-Sydney 4K with a first-place time of 13:18.
- Named to the CAC All-Academic Team.
- Lettered on the varsity cross country, tennis and track teams at South Medford High School.
- Varsity cross country team captain.
- High school scholar-athlete award.
- Parents are Kelly and Joe Ghormley.
- Has two siblings.
- Loves to play sports including tennis, ultimate frisbee, and basketball.
- Enjoys reading and writing.
- Favorite concerts were Taylor Swift, Mt. Joy, Brockhampton, The Lumineers, and The Backstreet Boys.
- Likes to go hiking and exploring the outdoors.
- Favorite food is maple bar doughnuts.
- Favorite professional teams are the Portland Trail Blazers, Seattle Seahawks and the Seattle Mariners.