By Wes Evans
LYNCHBURG, Va. —The Southern Virginia University men's tennis team ended its fall season schedule losing a 7-2 decision against Randolph College on Friday, Oct. 11. The loss brings the Knights' fall season record to 2-2.
Freshman Cooper Brown and junior Dallin Evans were the lone victors for Southern Virginia on the day. At the No. 2 singles, Evans defeated Randolph College's JT von Seggern in straight sets, winning 7-5 and 6-4.
Brown had a comeback victory in the No. 3 singles against his opponent Doug Corbett. After losing the first set 2-6, Brown won the next set 7-6 (7-5) and then sealed it with a tiebreaker win 1-0, (10-8).
The match concludes the fall season for men's tennis. They will have the winter off before returning to action on March 1, 2014 against Randolph-Macon College.
Tennis Match Results
Southern Virginia vs Randolph
Oct 11, 2013 at Lynchburg, Va.
(Randolph Tennis Courts)
Randolph 7, Southern Virginia 2
1. Daniil Lyalko (RANDM) def. Pradeep Ravisankar (SVU) 6-3, 6-3
2. Dallin Evans (SVU) def. JT von Seggern (RANDM) 7-5, 6-4
3. Cooper Brown (SVU) def. Doug Corbett (RANDM) 2-6, 7-6 (7-5), 1-0 (10-8)
4. Trevor Johnson (RANDM) def. Brian Blocher (SVU) 6-0, 6-2
5. Q Manglapus (RANDM) def. Zac Bowers (SVU) 8-6
6. Dan Phung (RANDM) def. Brennan Alford (SVU) 8-4
1. Doug Corbett/Daniil Lyalko (RANDM) def. Pradeep Ravisankar/Dallin Evans (SVU) 9-7
2. Q Manglapus/JT von Seggern (RANDM) def. Brian Blocher/Zac Bowers (SVU) 8-3
3. Trevor Johnson/Dan Phung (RANDM) def. Lancaster Brown/Cooper Brown (SVU) 8-5
Southern Virginia 2-2
Rescheduled from 10/10/13