Incoming Freshmen and Continuing Students
- All incoming freshmen admitted to Southern Virginia University will be eligible to participate in intercollegiate athletics.
- Continuing students must have completed 48 credits by their junior year to remain eligible for athletic participation.
- Continuing students must be enrolled in at least 12 credits per semester except for the semester immediately preceding graduation. In the rare case that a scholar-athlete has met all graduation requirements, but still has a remaining semester of athletic eligibility, that scholar-athlete must be enrolled in a minimum 3-credit academic course in order to be eligible for athletic participation.
- All continuing students must be in "good academic standing" in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics. Good academic standing is defined in the university catalog as follows:
Students are responsible for maintaining satisfactory academic performance. Any freshman or sophomore who, at the end of any semester, has a cumulative grade-point average below 1.80 is not in good academic standing. Any junior or senior who, at the end of any semester, has a cumulative grade-point average below 2.0 is not in good academic standing.
- Transfer students must have been in good academic standing at their previous institution in order to be eligible during their first semester after transferring to Southern Virginia University. In other words, transfer students must have been eligible to compete in intercollegiate athletics under their previous institution's eligibility standards.