Southern Virginia University provides athletic training services for all of its scholar-athletes. The university's athletic training staff aids student-athletes in the prevention of injuries by keeping them healthy and prepared for athletic competition. When injuries do occur, athletes are treated by a certified athletic trainer.
Athletic Training Fax: 540-266-3890
Athletic Training Room
The athletic training room is located in the Knight Sports Arena across from the Sports Performance Center.
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (open for general treatment)
- Monday-Friday: 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (open for in-season athletes only)
- Weekends, holidays, breaks, and university closures: Open on need basis for in-season games and practices
During athletic seasons, athletic training staff members may all simultaneously cover outdoor games and/or practices causing temporary closures to the athletic training room. In such cases, emergency contact information will be posted outside the athletic training room.
- Report all injuries and/or illnesses to an athletic trainer as soon as they occur
- Shower before entering for treatment
- No food, beverages, horseplay or loitering
- No personal athletic equipment, spikes, cleats, gloves, or book bags
- Cell phones, tablets, and computers are not allowed to be in use in the training room and should be left in bags or locker rooms.
- Training room computers and phones are for professional use only
- Return all training room towels and equipment (i.e., braces, wraps, crutches, etc.)
- Students should not administer unsupervised treatments under any circumstances
- Treatment is not grounds for an excused absence and should be scheduled outside of classes
- Southern Virginia University Dress and Grooming Standards must be followed (dress may reflect treatment being received, but please note that the training room is co-ed)
- Please allow sufficient time for treatment before practices and games
Scholar-athletes must follow the above policies at all times—failure to do so may result in the forfeiture of athletic training room privileges.